
I've been doing a lot of thinking today about my present situations and things that have gone on recently in life.
In my mind I am all grown up and ready and excited for new things in life. I realise I am so much further on than 6 months ago and my new found revelation and maturity should make me ready for x, y and z. I want to jump straight into them. Right now God!
However, God REALLY knows us, thank God He really knows us.
I was thinking of an example that would explain this wee situation.
It's like a little toddler asking Daddy for a 1966 Jaguar E type, when he isn't even cable of riding his little car trike himself. Daddy still needs to give him a push along.
Daddy would love nothing more than to give his wee boy the car he desires, because He would get pleasure from it too. It would make Him really happy to watch his son and to take part in the driving of the car, going along for the thrilling ride!
But in his Daddy wisdom, he knows him son isn't big enough to manouvere the car, to learn to drive, or to even reach the foot pedals! Daddy knows his little motor skills are not ready to manipulate a gear stick or a steering wheel. Not yet.
There is a time for a 1966 Jaguar E-Type, but now is not that time.
Lessons must be learned.
Growth must take place.
Wisdom must be gained.
Guidance must be sought.
An active learning adventure.
For me, I have desired things that I am not yet ready for. I still have to grow, learn, get wisdom and seek wise counsel before I can be there.
You know what?
I'm ok with that.
Who wants to have the Jag but not be able to reach the pedals?!!?!?
Not me.
I would rather have grown some.
No comments:
Post a Comment