
Today has been a mixture of a day.
It began with much disappointment as I got news that my new babysitting and cleaning jobs wouldn't be happening because of financial crisis. I got a real deep sadness and confusion inside as to why I am even in Scotland right now? I am a qualified teacher with great credentials, but in the 3 months I've been home I have not been able to find work. I questioned whether I should just pack up a bag and go on adventure.
A portion of the answer came when I went to visit sweet 85 year old Lizzie.
Lizzie has dementia and so I have heard all of her stories a dozen times each. At least so I thought. Today she began to tell me something new. She told me about the 'dancing halls' in her home town. How as a youngster in Scotland she couldn't WAIT until the weekend so she could dress up on a Saturday night, put in her heels and go out dancing. At the dance halls she would meet handsome young men who would notice her and ask her to dance.
I listened completely caught up in the romance of it all! So innocent and sweet. The feeling of getting all dressed up and knowing you look your best. For a man to approach YOU and ask YOU if you want to dance with him for the evening. The same partner for the whole evening. Then, as any gentleman would, he walks you home safely.
It only deepened a realisation I've been trying not to acknowledge. That I'm in a season of preparation and perhaps I dont NEED a job for the things God is doing WITHIN me. I've been scared to acknowledge this preparation because in the past I got too excited and I would dive straight into a situation that actually would HALT this preparation.
It only deepened a realisation I've been trying not to acknowledge. That I'm in a season of preparation and perhaps I dont NEED a job for the things God is doing WITHIN me. I've been scared to acknowledge this preparation because in the past I got too excited and I would dive straight into a situation that actually would HALT this preparation.
So let me share some of my thoughts that I wrote down as I went through my day.
Nowaways women are encouraged to date and kiss and sleep with men and to not WANT to be a wife. To be with one person isn't very 'cool' or 'sexy'. They are discouraged in magazines and even by friends to not spend Friday night hanging out with their man, but to go out on the town with the girls! To dress sexy and flaunt what they've got so ALL eyes can see.
I want woman to know it's GOOD to desire GOOD things.
I think it's so healthy to desire good old-fashioned romance! It's beautiful and rare!
I have never fully admitted to this before. But I want to be a good housewife. That very term 'housewife' would make MANY women cringe. For me, I think it will be an incredible priveledge! To honour, love, support and JOURNEY with your man.
Your 'house' may be a treehouse, a camper van or a yurt, but you would still make it into your own nest and support your family from there and be a good housewife.
The principles are the important thing, NOT the physical house. So it doesn't necessarily insinuate that you will settle into a mundane, complacent 9-5 existence in a nice suburb of a large town (not to say living there in all cases is mundane and complacenet!). It doesnt mean you will always have dinner on the table for 6pm sharp (unless that's something your husband values). It doesnt mean you will wear an apron and have your hair in rollers (although you may enjoy that too). But you see, it's the heart motives and responses that are the important thing.
I am excited to serve and to share my life one day. And I want to stand up and say that is a GOOD thing. It is not weak and it is not settling for less.
I am thankful that with God, life never has to be boring and complacent and mundane.
That with God life has COLOUR.
That with God life has FRAGRANCE.
That with God life has TASTE.
I look forward to the plans and I am enjoying the preparation. Sometimes it would be nice to hurry along but when I have a moment like that, its good to catch myself and enjoy the NOW. Without the learning, we can never fully enjoy the result.
This is not a secret code to anyone. Just to make that clear.
Simply musings and thoughts from a growing woman who is hearing very clearly from God :)
We are programmed for love. Full Stop.
It's innate. We desire companionship. We are made for romance. Women are made to be chosen.
God desires companionship. He IS romance. He loves to be chosen too.
Its a beautiful big circle. All love linked together finding it's roots in God.
I'm in love with God's love.
It blows my mind.
Thank you!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment