Thursday, 29 April 2010

Dance!

Last night was one of the most blissfully happy, carefree moments I have experienced in a long time.

 I was with my lovely friend Rachel and her boyfriend Matt, who I met for the first time last night. We just hung out in his room and ate Toblerone and watched Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Good Job! It made me laugh SO hard and I cringed and giggled and pointed and slapped my thigh on a number of occassions.

We then put on some fun electronic music and for the next 90 minutes or so, my jetlag disappeared and I was suddenly wildly energised! We all got up on the wooden floor in Matt's wee room and  just lost ourselves in the music. It was so freeing and so natural. Noone was trying to show off, noone was wondering how they looked, we just let go. I can't even find words to describe it.

This is one of my FAVOURITE things to do. I do it at home alone and so to share it with Rachel and Matt was SO much fun. (I actually got a mighty bruise on my right thigh because I over-enthusiastically spun in my room last week and landed on a half opened drawer.)
We put on a fan last night, drank water and danced like crazies. It was such a good workout and the best fun I've had in a long time.
Carefree.
I didn't think about anything else.
I didn't have a nervous thing in my tummy.
I didn't worry about what they thought of me.
All that was missing was a roaring fire to dance around outside :)
Perhaps next time.

Thank you Jesus for old friends and new ones.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment