
Today I am so thankful that God is love.
That God gave us the capacity to love.
That God created us with an inate desire TO love.
Right now, I am not in love with anyone. I am not in a relationship with anyone. But as a single God loving woman, I still FEEL intense LOVE.
I love that I have a desire to love. I love that I have so much love to give! It's all about LOVE.
God IS love.
Cliched lines come into my head.
"All you need is love."
"Love makes the world go round."
But this is all true.
If it weren't for love and the hope of love, life is rather dull.
Without love, a leaf is just a dead bit of natural material that fell off a tree. But with love, its a beautiful, uniquely created fabric made by God's own hands. Something that once was alive but still has incredible beauty even when dead.
Love
Love
Love
This evening I watched Garden State. This is probably the 5th time I've watched this movie. Although the characters lives are both screwed up in many ways, I absolutely fall in love with their love story everytime. I'm captured by it and I feel so many emotions rise up in me as I watch. Suddenly I want to tap dance infront of a roaring fire in a hoody and a towel!!
I watched Eagle vs Shark, another favourite movie of mine. I see their awkward romance and I just adore it. I watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I get the same feeling inside.
I just love that every love story is so different. I love dynamics and that when two people are combined, you get unique quirks and traditions and in-jokes and things they find romantic that others wouldn't. It truly fascinates me. You see it everywhere.
I love seeing people combine and bounce off one another. It's like I just enjoy it with them. I love watching my parents or my grandparents interact. They just fit one another and it just works. It flows and its unique. Noone else in the world will ever be Ian and Barbara Rankine. The dynamics, the personalities, the quirks, the interests, the habits, the traditions.
Completely unique.

I guess I'm just in awe of a really simple thing.
Love.
Song of Songs is a beautiful portrayal of true love. True passion. True Godly infactuation. True respect. Good humour. True appreciation of one another. It's gorgeous. She is his standard of beauty and noone else compares.
That literally gives me goosebumps.
God is so wonderful in His creation, imperfect as we are.
Beautiful love.
P.s
I wouldn't mind living at the bottom of a quarry in an old cosy wooden boat. Especially in the rain.
Or building a house in woodlands wrapped around an old tree.
Or a yurt on a massive plain with a small stream nearby.
Or under a bridge under tarp.
I like roughing it.
I'm glad Dad knows my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment