Saturday, 24 April 2010

To You I Belong


To love without any motive of receiving love back.
This kind of love isn't comfortable or 'safe'.
Daddy sees and knows.
Daddy gives.
Daddy takes away.
He knows what He is doing.
His ways are higher than mine.
His thoughts are higher than mine.

I rest on your lap.
I curl up on you and rest my head on your chest.
You play with my curls and sing over me;
A lullaby, words only for me.

I take comfort in knowing you are trustworthy;
I praise you for your plans that are yet to be unfolded.
I say thank you for all that you have for me

To you I am beautiful
In your eyes you see perfection
The flaws I see everyday are invisible to you
So why should I worry?
Why should I care what people perceive?
Why should I compare and fear?
When YOU are impressed, that is all I need
YOU are my portion
YOU are my man
YOU are my love
YOU satisfy the deepest longings in my heart

The hands that formed this Earth hold me.
The eyes that saw this world and said "It is good"
look at me and see indescribable beauty.
The creator of the universe is in LOVE with me
Persued, adored
Love letters, sunsets, leaves and favour
Romancing
I am all that I am IN you.
I am completely found in you
I am validated and completely approved of by YOU.
Truth.

When I do silly things and noone laughs, you laugh until you cry
When I'm making tea you think I look sweet
When I'm praying you love to hear my voice
When I'm sleeping you like to cuddle me and watch me
When I travel you don't let any harm come against me
You are my protector and my warrior
You are my strong husband who goes wherever I roam

To you I belong

No comments:

Post a Comment