Its by a Scottish band called Frightened Rabbit and the song is called Old Old Fashioned.
I'll turn off the TV
It's killing us, we never speak
There's a radio in the corner
It's dying to make a scene
So give me soft, soft static
With a human voice underneath
And we can both get old fashioned
Put the brakes on these fast, fast wheels
Oh let's get old fashioned
Back to how things used to be
If I get old, old fashioned
Would you get old, old fashioned with me?
Put the wall clock in the top drawer
Turn off the lights so we can see
We will waltz across the carpet
1-2-3-2-2-3
So give me the soft, soft static
Of the open fire and the shuffle of our feet
We can both get old fashioned
Do it like they did in '43
Oh let's get old fashioned
Back to how things used to be
If I get old, old fashioned
Would you get old, old fashioned with me?
So give me soft, soft static
We won't need no electricity
If we both get old fashioned
We won't have to rely on our memories
Oh let's get old fashioned
Back to how things used to be
If I get old, old fashioned
Would you get old, old fashioned with me?
Beautiful beautiful song.
I'm so thankful for music and how it moves me and how it can alter my mood and make me daydream and draw me in with pictures in my brain and pretty fantasies of how life can be.


I've been in Glasgow for the last 3 days and nights. It's been lovely and just what I needed. I stayed with one of my best friends, Nic. We started being friends exactly 7 years ago at Easter time, we bonded by spending the 2 weeks of the school Easter Holidays together 24/7. We only parted company to pee, poop and shower. We explored and went on wee trips around different parts of Scotland, we got 2 dinners everyday (her mum made us food at 5 and we'd eat dinner there, then we would walk to my house and mum would make us dinner later there too!). We chatted in bed everynight, giggled, laughed, cried, talked, made up stories, bla bla bla.
She also came with me to Uganda and we also decided to share a bed there too so we could talk every night and discuss the days events together.
So this was a lovely blast from the past.
Here is a picture of the soda we always had in Uganda, although I preferred the purple kind

We layed in bed until 5am laughing and reminising. We went shopping to thrift stores and vintage stores. We went for coffee. We went to African grocery stores to buy things that we ate in Uganda. We made food. We watched funny programmes on TV. We drank tea. We boiled eggs. We made spaghetti. We visited a friends flat and met lot of new people. We went to a gig in town, where about 7 or 8 bands played. The theme was 'girl band covers' - VERY amusing. We danced to ridiculous 70's and 80's music and laughed at ourselves. We walked home in the cold and ate chips and cheese. We lay in until one, we watched funny sitcoms. Ate cereal from a cup.
All in all, it was a great time that I had needed and I was thankful for a wee break to Glasgow.
I long to get old fashioned :)
Simple things
Simple musings
Small things with lots of fun injected
Laughter
Smiling
Good beer
Chips
Dancing
That sounds awesome. The best kind of friendship to have. =)
ReplyDeleteRebekkah-