.jpg)
Oh my Jesus, is it really true?
You fight for me and hold the shield
I take some blows I think are hard
But you my friend you bear the brunt
You stand before me tall and strong
I crouch behind in your shadow
What have I done to deserve this protection?
Nothing, except being your daughter
I really think I’m suffering
I’m so misunderstood
But I fail to realise that you my King
Have been where I am stood
Although it was worse for you
More horrific pain.
Your Daddy turned his face away
All for me
I don’t know how to describe you
My words can’t quite convey
The image of you in all your might
That’s imprinted in my brain
How can I say you are ever distance,
When your shadow covers me?
Not a moment alone
Not a moment alone
I long to be alone with you
To cuddle up, get warm
I want to hold your gaze
To fall asleep under a tree
Is it ok to want isolation?
To only desire you?
Everything else is tasteless
My Jesus, my love
I love you so much
But I can’t love you enough
I have nothing in my hands to give
I am broken, naked, penniless
All I can offer you is my beating heart
All I can sacrifice is my life
To see your Kingdom come
To lift your name above all the earth
Oh Lord, my God
How majestic is your name in all the earth!
No comments:
Post a Comment