Wednesday, 3 March 2010

I found my new toothbrush that I lost.......

Today I was reminded of valuable things:
1. I am a woman of worth and great value
2. God is so proud of me and approves of me just because I'm Alison Jayne Rankine
3. I find everything I need in God, all the answers to my many many questions, doubts, hopes and fears
4. Children always lighten everything!!

I really don't like the phrase 'child at heart' but that really is true of me. I love simplicity and small things in life and could spend hours getting great joy from them. For example, online talking dictionaries, or cameras. Today I needed a reminder to not ever be too serious, it doesn't suit me. haha.
This evening I babysat my 3 beautiful girls who live across the road, Naomi, Leah and Chloe.
We filmed a dozen movies together. Some were 'Ali's Beauty Tips', some were the girls dressed up and interviewing one another, some were wrestling. Just generally being silly and it was SO good!

I got my hair done and as you can imagine, I felt a million dollars looking like this.
Tonight I sleep with more peace having being reminded of these things by a few folks this evening.
Thank you Daddy that you don't get annoyed at me, that you are super patient, super loving and that you love to cuddle to sleep. You are such a good Papa and I'm so thankful for my camera and for this evening and the girls.
I love being your child and I love that my childlike nature comes straight from you. My creator.
Remind us of our inner child, remind us to think simply, remind us to not complicate things with our adult brains but to just love, eat, sleep and poop.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment