Sunday, 7 March 2010

We are River Babies! TRUTH!

I'm really not sure how to begin this post. So much has happened in my heart, mind and life in these last couple of days that I'm not sure how effectively I can be at conveying the intensity of it and the awesomeness of God.
Last time I wrote, I began by saying "Today has been one of the sweetest days spent with Jesus."
WELL.
haha.
My sweet Jesus is good at blowing my mind & blowing what I precieve to be awesome out of the window and bring into the light more of HIM in all His splendor!
Just when I think I am seeing a glimpse of Him and I am overwhelmed with it, he takes a step further into the light and MY CUPS RUNS OVER!

On Friday I went to the dentist and had a hilarious numb face. I sat and laughed in the car with Jesus at myself, making faces in the mirror.
Then he whispered quietly but with excitement "Lets go a roadtrip sweetness."
YES! Lets! I wasn't ready to go home anyway.
So off we go. Jesus is in my passenger seat and this time I am ALLOWED to drive the car, haha. We speed off along a coastal road going south. It looks REALLY cloudy in the distance and my wipers aren't working so good so I pray I'd be able to see clearly driving into all this rain.
We go out of the bottom of Ayr town and drive along this stunning drive where the sky splits through into blue sky and no rain is to be seen! The Island of Arran is lit up by the sun and the snow is reflecting so bright and showing all the crevices and slopes so cleary.
I drive chatting and worshipping, proclaiming truth, affirming who God is. We encourage one another. He tells me to turn the next right, so I do. It's a bay I've never been to before. Croy Bay I think. I drive down a single track road, high hedges on either side. A tractor is in the field to my right, churning up the soil. Birds are circling, the sun is glorious, it was like a picture.

I drive around a corner and right infront of my path is a stunning pheasant. The colours are so vibrant against the dull wet road. It doesn't run away. It just stops and looks at me, I stop and look at it. I'm thanking God for showing me the pheasant! It hangs around so I can get a good look at it right outside my window, about a foot away. Then I continue driving.
I get to the bottom and realise it's not really much of a bay but I'm glad I went down and looked and saw the pheasant. Back up the road again.
We drive to Maidens, a beautiful quaint seaside village with picturesque views of Ailsa Craig (a nature reserve island that looks like a muffin in the sea) and views of Arran too. The sky is now blue blue blue with scattered clouds. There are 3 swans swimming on the ocean, their backdrop is snow capped mountains.
Jesus, are you SERIOUS?!
This is so stunning! I am in AWE of your creation!
A curlew flies past, then an oyster catcher hangs around behind me digging in the sand.
Shells are scattered and the water dances around them as the waves hug the sand while the tide comes in.
Colourful seaweed laces the beach. The sun shining through it just amazed me. I took pictures. I took a picture of myself, then realised my mouth was still de-formed and took another picture of me laughing at myself.
Jesus and I laughed :)
We chatted as I walked along exploring, I found clarity, I spoke His truth. He was with me. He stood next to me, rubbed my arms and hugged me in when a sudden gust of wind gave me shivers. He is so romantic and sweet to be around.
We drove again to a ruined castle. We sang in the car. We drove to a lookout point and chatted. We went slow at some parts of the road to savour the views.

After 3 hours of driving and hanging out, we went back into the town of Ayr for a coffee. I was ready for one. So I ordered my chai latte and a bagel with cream cheese. I must have forgotten my face was STILL numb and I giggled to myself at the face I couldn't feel the left hand side of my face. I wonder if there was a massive chunk of cream cheese just sitting there? haha.
I drove to a store to buy my friend Mick a card. He is leaving on Wednesday for a year to go to Hawaii to begin 24/7 prayer. I sat in the car getting words for him, crying from excitement and also a bit of sadness because I will miss my friend.
I drove to his house to post it in his mailbox and he walks out of his door to meet me! He was going into town so I joined him and we encouraged one another for the next couple of hours, even went to visit my grandparents. It was a blessing.
I then went to babysit some sweet girls and had an awesome time with them :)
Then to top off an already incredible day, I chatted on the phone to a kindered spirit friend of mine, Mark Thurber. A fellow persuer of the Kingdom of God, a fellow lover of Jesus who would be happy to live out of a small bag for the rest of his life. So uplifting. So ecnouraging. So Jesus.


Yesterday was another awesome day where I got to bless and serve people around me. I got to listen, just BE with people. I got to celebrate with friends, I got to feel hurt from others. It was a day of just being and I was blessed in it. And all the time, Jesus was with me. In the car, in my room, at a friends, in a coffee shop, in the bathroom. Everywhere. He was there, His presence. I also witness THE most STUNNING sunset I have ever witness in Scotland. It was milky, purple, orange, tan and it was set against a backdrop of black tree silhouettes as I drove and Arran was in the distance, her peaks were all dark purple. I cried. I was in awe that God painted this. He knows what I like!

Then today happens. Today is Sunday.
I felt heavy this morning with things that God is revealing to me. It is good, but it is sore. I know I cant do anything without his presence. So I go to church.
The worship envelopes me as soon as I walk in. I am overwhelmed with his presence. So much so that I cannot even sing the words, all that comes out are tears. I raise my hands proclaiming the truth of the words I hear in my spirit but my lips can't move.
Instead of fighting it, I decided to embrace it and let God be God. Cry. Kneel. Sway. Hum. Let the words penetrate my very being. Let the truth go deep deep deep into the roots of my tree.


I thank Him that he is stripping me back, that He is stripping me of people and things because HE is the closest thing to me and HE is all that I need. Isn't that complete honest TRUTH?
It is in our very HEARTBEAT to be with God. Our hearts LONG to beat in time with His. We are made for that.
"In your presence, ALL FEAR IS GONE, in your presence.
In your presence, IS WHERE I BELONG, in your presence."
TRUTH.

Today at church we had a massive blue tarp spread out on the floor. This prophetically symbolised THE RIVER OF GOD! YES JESUS!!!!!!!
We began to walk into that river together as a church, as a family, as His kids, to immersed ourselves in it.
For me, this was a massive act. The river symbolises Gods presence. I have begun to live in a place where I am constantly in his presence. I walked in that river, I got water splashed on my face. I stood in that river and CHOSE to be immersed. Not to just go for a litte dip but to realise that this was part of my DNA, this is part of WHO I AM................. I am a river dweller!
I belong in this river. I don't even NEED to leave this river for anything, ALL I have and want and ever hope for is in this river! I can TRAVEL in this river! I can MOVE in this river! I can bless FROM this river! I can have everything I ever want and need and more FROM this river.

We were born to be river people.
SIMPLE TRUTH.
I am a cup bearer of the Kingdom. Let me fill a cup for you to drink.
Taste and see that the Lord is good! Do you hear this? You are a water baby?
Today was a new day for me. No more will I peek out of the river and dip my toe on land to see what it has for me. My world is the river world. MY bed is the river bed. Carried away on God's current wherever He leads me. I don't control the current. He does.
And I stand against my physical fear of water and say this is NO reflection on my spiritual HOME, to live in the water. I belong in His river of goodness.

This is God's simplicity.
This is God's vision for all of us, to live in the River.
Catch it.
Dwell where you belong.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment