
This morning I went to the docs early to have more blood taken. The nurse gave me a sugary drink afterwards then I went home for 2 hours of rest then I went back and she took more blood again for me. All morning I was being plagued by this anxious feeling in my gut. It just wouldn't leave. During the second time the nurse was taking blood I decided to ask her if she knew of natural ways to relieve anxiety. She started talking away about yoga and different martial arts.
Immediately God spoke to me about redeeming Yoga with Him! Whoa!
As soon as I got home, I began to research verses that talk about meditation and the benefits of meditation. Then I searched online about Christian yoga. It was like a whole new dimension of God was opened up to me.
It's all about the transforming of the MIND. It's not about listening to a sermon, or simply reading the bible. This is about digesting TRUTH, this is about meditating on truth and letting it take root deep within you and letting it transform your mind.
In the parable of the sower, (Mark 4) Jesus said that the seed is sown (the word of God) and then “immediately” the enemy comes to steal the word out of our hearts! We need to kick his BUTT! Furthermore, it says that he (the enemy) steals the word by getting us to doubt God or by burdening us with many cares and life stresses, and by deceiving us into believing that superficial things will fulfill our heart’s desire. And he does it constantly, day by day, and minute by minute. It’s built into the fabric of our society. We’re going against the grain when we try to live for Jesus.
THIS is why MEDITATION on God's truth is so vital in our lives as Radical lovers of Jesus!
This is like basic needs. This is like water. This is like pooping. This is like breathing.
Seriously.
So today I decided to change my mode of attack. Instead of rebuking the anxiety and trying to churn over truth and grapple onto anything I could find while being equally distracted with the world around me; I decided to do something new.
I sat in silence in my room. No noise in the house, only birds outside. I sat in the usual Lotus position but became distracted by that (!) so decided to lay on my back and I covered my face with a scarf because my eyes (even when closed) still get distracted.
I lay there and thought deeply about simple words of truth. I focused on my breathing. I inhaled truth. I inhaled life.
Wow.
The knot in my stomach was gone already.
I continued, not wanting to leave.
Amazing things happened, I met with God in new ways in the stillness.
I have had such a fantastic day since then, as soon as anything crept in, I would turn to my new practice and meditate on God.
It is SUCH a powerful tool against the enemy because the enemy cannot come NEAR where the Spirit of God rests! :) Power Power Power!
Thank you Jesus :)
I spent a lot of my day in silence and enjoyed it.

I also happened to come across some awesome notes I had written on my Discipleship Training School back in September 2008. It was perfect timing as God reminded me what I was passionate about and what I was made for. It was revealed to me that the following things are a process of coming into being and me learning the lost art of meditation is VITAL to my future and the things God has for me.
To unify radical believers
To give up my rights
To follow wholeheartedly
To live as simply as I can
To live in community
ACTION and LOVE
To join my life with radical believers who want to move thins on, commiting their lives to CHANGE
To live with the homeless or street children, to take them in, to protect and LOVE them by DOING
To eat meals in community, at home, in the streets, in the slums
If I don't obey, who will?
IT'S A LIFESTYLE NOT A MISSION TRIP!
It is a revolution of Hope! :)

Amen.
Maranatha.

I want to redeem this image and fill that van with Jesus lovers who are willing to give up their lives, to LOSE their lives to save it!
To give give give to God's people.
To change the world one tiny piece at a time.
Small things with great love.
YES!
I know God's behind me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment